Friday, August 30, 2013

1970 Opel GT

The GT was a small sports car produced by Opel in the late '60s and early '70s. Based on the Kadett, the GT was available with either a 1.1 or 1.9, which produced enough HP for such a small and light car. Interestingly, Opels from this period were sold at Buick dealerships, showing the more upscale intent of these cars. I suppose with older, rarer cars such as this, it's a good idea to have spare parts on hand, and I'd wager having two complete cars is enough to keep up with any mechanical failures the best one may have.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! I drove by these Friday evening on Northlake and did a double-take. If I hadn't been in the middle of a double date, I'd have pulled over and taken my own photos!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.